My Quarantine Experience
I hope everyone is doing well during quarantine and finding things to occupy your time. Here is a little bit on how quarantine is affecting me.
1. How has your work schedule been affected? My schedule hasn’t really been affected. I just have to make sure that I do all the homework that needs to be done that day and write down my upcoming assignments
2. What good has come out of the quarantine? Since I have lots of free time I have been able to do things I wouldn’t have gotten to do on regular days like painting, cooking or baking. I have also gotten to spend much more time with my family.
3. How has this affected your separation between work, school, and home life? It is a good bit harder to learn things and catch on to the new material as quickly as when we were in school. I also sometimes find it difficult to keep up with the school work because I’ll look over an email or miss a due date.
4. What do you miss most? The thing I miss most is my friends. I am staying connected with them but it is much nicer to see your friends in person. I also miss my freedom to go places without being worried about catching something.
5. What do you do during the day since you can’t go anywhere? I do my homework for the day. Then I watch movies, bake, paint, go outside, etc.
6. How has your regular grocery shopping been affected? Our shopping list is much bigger because my mom is trying to make as few trips as possible to the store and the stores are limiting items.
7. How is online school going? Online school has been good so far. The workload is not too heavy and the teachers make it pretty easy to reach them if we need help. I do miss being in class, seeing everyone, and going to school functions.
8. What places have you gone to since the quarantine? I have not been allowed to go anywhere.
9. How are you coping? I'm doing well. Having my family in quarantine with me makes it much more interesting and not as lonely.
10.What do you think you will remember most from all of this? I’m definitely going to remember how much I actually missed school. I didn’t think I would but I definitely prefer going to school than online classes.
11. How has this affected your everyday life? To start, my sleep schedule is not good at all. I have dinner at really different times everyday. And I work on my school work multiple different times throughout the day depending on when the assignment was posted.
12. How many people know someone who has COVID-19? To my knowledge I don’t know anyone who has or knows someone with the Corona.
13. Does anyone have family, friends, or a significant other that they have been unable to see since this has begun?- what has that experience been like? Usually during breaks from school my family and I travel to see my cousins and grandparents but I have not been allowed to see them because of the risk of spreading. Not being able to see them has been very disappointing but not too different because they do not live close.